Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Torn

Seems like as soon as I get an idea, something comes along and rattles my cage.  I hesitate to have more than one project on the needles, but it's looking like that might happen.  I have big plans to start my CPH in September (sooner if I can get the fiber together, I've decided) but I really want to make my sister-in-law a pretty shawl for a christmas gift and every pattern that has turned my head has been lace. 

I've never knitted lace and I know it's going to take me some time to do, so I should probably start as soon as I'm done with these blasted socks...which is going to be very soon since I've already turned the heel and gusset decreases. 

So I'm thinking that I'm going to make the Woodland shawl for her, it's so darn pretty and I think she'll like it.  Now to figure out the color(s). 

Her sister is pregnant, due in september, and I'm thinking I should make something for her.  Most people make and give things for the baby, but moms don't get a whole lot that is just for them.  So maybe she'd like something pretty after the baby comes?  She's a sporty kinda gal so I need to come up with something that will be fitting.  Maybe a jaunty hat?  Or how about a shawl for her, too?  I have a pretty pattern and the yarn for one that I was going to make for myself, but since coming across the Baltic Lace Shawl in knitpicks, I'm thinking I'm going to make it for someone else. 

I also know I want to make my mom a sweater, I have the yarn and pattern for that, too.  My mom is getting up there (shhh...don't tell her that, though) and I think she needs something cozy and from me.  She's always wearing my dad's sweaters and I think she needs one of her own.  I might do some pretty yarn embroidery on it, since it's going to be a rather plain sweater, but I haven't decided.

Too much to do...and less than 5 months to do it all! 

Dither-dither..what do I make first??

No comments:

Post a Comment