Saturday, July 3, 2010

Too Many Projects Not Near Enough Time.

I have a list of things I want to knit.  So why do I insist on looking at more patterns?  Do I think I'm going to find something better to knit than the Central Park Hoodie?  Are my sock books not chock full of sock patterns?  Don't I have a disks full of enough patterns to keep any normal human being busy knitting?  My guess is, not enough. 

I'm not a big fan of Knit Picks.  They have a tendency to take an item of quality and duplicate it on the cheap by having in made in China.  They've made themselves look like heroes to the knitter on a budget while screwing the original artisan.  Don't believe me?  Take a look-see

Now I'm faced with a problem.  I recently received my Knit Picks catalog.  I took a quick glance through it before I tossed it in the garbage and ran across a pattern TO DIE FOR.  In order to get the pattern, I have to buy it from Knit Picks.  I really don't want to give them anymore money, so what do I do?  Sorry, I won't be linking to that pattern, I made the mistake of posting it on Facebook yesterday and I wish I hadn't.  You want the link, Google it.  Want to know what pattern?  Too bad.  Knit Picks can kiss my butt, I'm not linking to them. 

So now I have to figure out what to do.  Will I be compromising my own integrity if I find I can buy the pattern from them for a few dollars instead of buying their $30 kit or do I need to just find a similar pattern.  Oh bother, I don't know what to do now. 

As if I don't have enough projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment