Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Bloggity blog blog

"Blog often." they say.  Really?  Why, and who the hell is "THEY"?  Should I be quoting someone that has such an abstract identity?  I'm not sure I can do it, but I'm going to try blogging daily, for grins.  We'll see if that resolve lasts more than 12.5 hours.  Haha

The Central Park Hoodie is coming along nicely.  It's been about 4 days since I finished the side panels and now it's time to tackle the sleeves.  I'm feeling a bit intimidated by the sleeves.  I keep telling myself that the sooner I finish the CPH the sooner I can move on to something else, like another pair of socks.  I have the full of awesomeness books by Cookie A "Knit.Sock.Love"and Janel Laidman "The Enchanted Sole".  I'll be knitting socks from each soon, I hope.

Speaking of things to knit.  I've gone a little crazy adding patterns to my Favorites list on Ravelry.  One in particular The Evangeline Tunic by Joan McGowan-Michael has my full attention.  It's gorgeous, isn't it?  Not sure I'm going to take on something like that right way after I finish my CPH, more likely I'll knit some socks first.  Another one that I love is the Heroine by Jennifer Lippman-Bruno very steampunk-ish, I love it. 

One more thing I need to mention before I sign-off.  I have been listening to the best darn PodCast I've heard in a very long time, Brass Needles.  Miss Kalendar is an awesome and engaging and though I'm not a sci-fi fan I still enjoy listening to her chatter on about shows like Farscape and the various mutations of Star Trek.  Sadly, I'm a little disappointed in the Brass Needles Ravelry group, it's a rather quiet group compared to my expectations.  Ah well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment