Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gonna get warped!

Haha, some say I already am warped.  But in this case I'm referring to my loom and weaving.  DH is binding a booklet I downloaded from Interweave, so I can read it during my break tonight.  I think it's going to be the cherry on the top of my quest to understanding the different types of fiber to use.  Weaving terminology is quite different from knitting when it comes to determining how a particular yarn is going to work with any given project.  It's had me stumped for a few days and I want to get my cotton cones ordered. 

I started feeling really excited when I realized that if I like weaving as much as I think I will, then I came make some really nifty Yule gifts for friends and family.  Kitchen towels, place mats, scarves, the usual.  I think I will try to make a pretty shawl some time down the line, too.  OOhh, better yet, a ruana style shawl!  OH YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment