Friday, July 22, 2011

Weaving

Finally, the loom is going to be getting used.  I'm starting to settle on my first project and getting ready to order the fiber.  I had to finally just bite the wool and just do it.  For the last few weeks I've been so concerned with "doing it right" that I have been stymied.  I wanted to follow the directions for the beginning project precisely in "Hands On Rigid Heddle Weaving" by Betty Linn Davenport, order the same yarn included.  But, the yarns she recommends are no longer available and I went to the home websites of the makers.  That alone petrified me, what was I going to do, I wailed. 

Yesterday, while reading some of the weaving posts on Ravelry I decided that I was going to toss off my limitations and just "go with it".  So I'm going to order some cotton and knit a place mat or a table runner.  I'm going to choose my colors and when it gets here I'm going to follow the video directions for my loom to get it dressed.  Then I'm going to sit down and let my creativity take over.  No pattern, just get the feel for my loom and the colors. 

I'm really excited about learning to weave.  I have some designs in my head that I am hoping will come together when I get the hang of weaving. 

I'm anxious to get started on my new crafting adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment