Monday, August 22, 2011

I did it!

On Sunday when DH asked what we were getting at the store he didn't even blink when I said, "soap, sandpaper and a rubber mallet."  Those were the result of posing my question to the RH group on Ravelry on how to get those dang pegs set. 

The soap and the mallet worked like a charm.  It took about 4 hours from start when I first got the pegs set into the warping board to finish the loom is dressed and ready to start weaving.  Problem is my hands are a mess and my back is achy, too.  I went to the doc this morning, I'm waiting for the results of the bloodwork.  Hopefully, we'll find the reason for every joint in my body being painful and feel swollen.  Anyway, tomorrow I'll start the actual weaving. 

Here's a picture of the warp on the warping board.  I was so tickled that I got it done.  


This here is a picture taken after I "dressed the loom".  It was rather tedious, but I learned a lot.  This is just the beginning.  I've never woven before and I'm anxious to give it a go.  I hope it's as much fun and creatively satisfying as I imagine it to be. 


Tomorrow I'll play with the different weft colors I bought.  I'm thinking this is going to be a scarf, but we'll see.  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the project! I've had a bit of a problem figuring out your difficulty, but not having seen your RHL or the warping setup, figured you'd get it right sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete