Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines!

On my way home from work this early Sunday morning I stopped at the post office.  Usually there isn't much in the box from the Saturday delivery, but you never can tell.  When I opened the box I squee'd.  Laying within was my first pair of the coveted and very expensive Signature Needles.  I had another stop to make and managed to resist opening up the mailing tube that held these sticks of heavenly knitting.

As soon as I got home, I told myself to at least change my clothes and put away my laptop, cellphone, and iPod.  Yea, right.  Riiiiiiip!  I tore into that tube like a kid on Christmas morning.  As I poured the knitting needles out of the tube into my anxious hands I heard nothing, not even my little dog Jaxx barking his fool head off for me to pick him up for his snuggles.  These needles have no equal.  I haven't even knit with them yet, but their heft is formidable, they're well balanced and dayyum they're classy looking.  Knitting with these compared to bamboo needles is supposed to be like comparing a Ferrari to a Subaru.  One is economical and practical, the other...well...isn't.  Not to mention that you'll get to your destination a wee bit faster.

I'll don the driving gloves and head scarf (knitted of course) and give these babies a test drive after I've had some sleep.

UPDATE:  oooh boy, I'm gonna get more of these!  The only thing I wish I had done differently is ordered them in 14" instead of 10".  But that's ok.  I knitted 2 rows, the first row to get my project on the new needles, the second row because it's the wrong side row.  Positively dreamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment