Tuesday, October 18, 2011

5 days of bliss

I'm on the last day and then it's back to the regular schedule of working 4 10 hour overnight shifts a week.  But I've made some important discoveries over these last few days.

1.  I need to spend time creating.  Whether it's painting, drawing, knitting, spinning or weaving.  I need to do it.  I feel so centered and complete when I do so.

2.  My job is just a job.  I love my career, it's what pays the bills and gives me the money to buy the materials I need to be creative.

3.  I need to be less tense and less stressed.  I'm working on that one. 


Started another painting a few days ago.  I'm quite happy with it so far.  This is the only time I wish I painted with acrylics instead of oils, waiting for things to dry enough to be able to work on it some more.

Worked on some ideas for my steampunk costume and a mask.  Found out that Jo-Ann fabrics probably has the best selection of blank masks.  The Halloween stores we have around here don't have hardy enough materials for what I'm going to be doing. 

Worked on my central park hoodie while catching up on tv shows.  I'm a little more than half way done with the first sleeve.  I think I may be able to finish it before the end of the year.  Not bad for my first huge project. 

I'm quite happy with how far I've come in my quest to change some things about myself and my life.  I just have to keep going.  :-)

2 comments:

  1. rolling machine - Stop wasting time fumbling around trying to roll your cigarettes by hand. With one of my many rolling machine, you will never have to worry about manual labor. Experience the fast and easy results of a rolling machine and buy one of my featured Furutolla, Zen or Juicy Jay’s rollers. I guarantee you will fall in love with this technology's ease of us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. informative article that is. thanks for sharing.
    african lace fabric

    ReplyDelete