Sunday, October 16, 2011

What's on the drawing board?

I have several projects in the works right now.  If I had deadlines I'd be stressed out.  Well, I do have one deadline.  I have to finish two steampunk costumes by October 26th, 2012.  HAH!  That's over a year away, so I'm cocky now, we'll see how I'm doing in August.

The two costumes entails a lot of work to complete.  Between making a venetian style mask and a lot of sewing, it's going to be a bit grueling.  Thankfully, my father bought me a serger for my 25th birthday (almost 25 years ago, mind you, LOL) and I have two regular sewing machines.  One is a Kenmore from the 1940s and the other is a modern Brother with computerized stitches.  I'm thinking about buying another computerized sewing machine that I can actually program patchwork designs.  We'll see though.  The Kenmore is an awesome machine, very strong and hardy.  The Brother is a fast and precise machine.  The serger, well when you want rolled hems and tidy edging, that's the machine you want.  :-)

I just ordered a few books to help me with some of the more intricate production of period pieces, I'm not a costumer, so I will need a little help on some of the older sewing techniques. 

In other news.  I have started working on an oil painting.  Once again, I will attempt to embellish on a drawing by my also artistically talented husband.  My first attempt is a bust, it'd been too long since I'd sat in front of the easel and played with mixing colors for such a detailed piece.  So it's going on the back burner, I'll Gesso the canvas and start over later.  Actually, I'll be working on 2 paintings, but one of them is going to remain secret until it is finished and presented to the person for whom it is intended.

That's it for now.  I have some drawings I need to work on and I may even veg out a bit with some WoW or a bit of knitting.

1 comment:

  1. oooo, I love oil painting. Have lots of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete