Saturday, July 20, 2013

Ch-ch-changes!

2 years.
2 years of working a graveyard shift 9:30pm to 7:30am has finally come to the end. I had to take the bull by the horns my own self and quit the job. I start my new job Tuesday and it's a normal 8-5 Monday-Friday.

At the start of this year I told myself that I would take care of myself. The major component to that promise was getting off of graveyard, 8 years of dedication and hard work be damned. They couldn't put me back on a day shift so I had to do the deed. Friday morning I turned in my key and drove away from the hospital for the last time. *big sigh*

Yea, I'm sad. I'll miss my friends, but I've been missing them for two years since I actually worked by myself for the bulk of the 10 hour shift. I'm super excited about the new hospital and enjoying my first Saturday, that I didn't have spend sleeping, in 2 years with my husband. 

Other things roll with this change. One is that we're working full steam ahead on getting the floor down and the walls painted. It's been nearly 18 months since we started this ill-fated project! Afterwards I get to redecorate, which entails ripping down these horrible mini-blinds that came with the house and putting up some eye popping drapes. We'll also be able to consider replacing the sliding glass door with some french doors. Sweet!

I bought my Kiwi 2 spinning wheel finally and at least have it oiled. I'm going to apply some Wood Beams to it and then start putting it together. I say start because I'm going to paint the actual wheel. I haven't decided on a design yet, but I have a few ideas.

Before oil.
After applying danish oil.

So now I'll have time to post and time to spin and time to do all the things I've been putting off for 2 years. YAY! 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment